In 2007, The Breakers was certified as a "Green Lodging Establishment" by the Maine Department of Environmental Protection. We endeavor to do business with local food producers and use business practices that are environmentally responsible. We compost and recycle as much as possible. A recycling bin is located at the primary exit for the use of our customers.
- A self-service ice machine is located in the basement level. Enter from the parking lot at the rear of the building. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the same area for the convenience of our guests. Please bag any items you refrigerate and label them with your name or room number.
- We are a non-smoking establishment. Please smoke outside our buildings.
- There is an outside shower for your convenience when returning from the beach. It is located on the back of the building. Please help us minimize the amount of sea sand that comes inside.
- A tide chart is located on the porch. The tide changes from high to low every six hours. It is not on a perfect 24-hour rotation and is about one hour later every day. (If the tide is high at 2 in the afternoon today, it will be high at 3 tomorrow.)
- Fire protection is provided by the Scarborough Fire Department. The Breakers Inn is inspected by this department and meets all local fire codes. Each room is equipped with heat and smoke detectors. Fire extinguishers are located in the hallways and at all exits. The outside staircase is for emergency use only.
- Electric heat is provided in the early spring and late fall. If you are staying with us during these seasons please do not leave your windows open and the heat on at the same time.
- We provide transportation to and from bus stations and the Portland Jet Port. Please make arrangements with us in advance.
- A self service coin-operated washer and dryer are located on the basement level. Laundry hours are 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. If you need to use an iron, please speak to a member of the housekeeping department. We can provide you with an iron and ironing board. Please do not attempt to iron in our rooms.
© 2017 R Laughton, firstname.lastname@example.org